It’s a beautiful Full Moon tonight lovelies (if we are lucky enough to see it with this weather) and I thought I’d get on here and share a little bit about the Magic of the Full Moon.
When the Moon cycle completes and we've come back to a Full Moon it is very common for us to feel anxious, a little edgy or just not quite ourselves. You know that feeling I’m talking about, from a little crazy and frustrated, to full blown raging! Part of this pent up emotion and built up of energy can some times be correlated back to the Moon. We are all connected to the Moon and therefore our emotions are particularly heightened when it reaches capacity. Just think about what it does to Ocean.
It is why a Full Moon in the Lunar Cycle is the best time to release all that negative energy and the thoughts or things that no longer serve us a purpose.
So here are my tips on how to release, recharge and feel better.
- Set aside some time to create your own little ritual. There are heaps of blog post on Full Moon Rituals but you have to find what works for you.
- Light a Candle or Incense, or plug in one of those fancy oil diffuser if you have one. Try to create a warm and welcoming environment of calm.
- I like to start with a few deep breaths & maybe a quick mediation. Even 3 to 5 minutes helps to get into a calm state. Personally I use the Calm App - the calming light program (not sponsored).
- Grab a pen and paper.
- Begin by writing down all those feelings, thoughts and fears that you wish to release and that no longer serve you. Once you’ve spent some time writing I either tear up the page and throw it away feeling the release as you do. I might occasionally say to myself "I release all that which no longer serves me for the greater good of all". Alternatively, you can SAFELY burn the paper if you are really needing to let go of something big. WARNING! If you do burn your paper please do so carefully. I have left burnt marks on things that I thought would be ok, so please be smart here. Tip: If you are really ready to let go of what you wrote, the paper should burn quickly. If it doesn't don't fret, you are probably not be ready to let it go yet.
- If you’re a crystal lover like me now is the best time to cleanse and charge your crystals if they need some recharging. When I purchase new Crystals for the shop I like to cleanse & charge them under the Full Moon.
Other thing I like to do is cleanse my space with some Sage or Palo Santo. Sage is great to remove all energy (so perfect when you move into a new space) whilst Palo Santo will only remove negative energies.
Cleanse your Crystals. As a mentioned above a Full Moon is a perfect time to cleanse your crystals & put them out to charge under that beautiful Moon rays. You don’t need to do this but if you feel the energy of crystal isn’t as it was, then it’s good to give them a charge. If you have new crystals that have yet to be programmed then I will do this to. What's programming? I'll save that for another post for anyone interested.
Lastly but least, I like to take some time to do a little self-care. If you have the time a nice bath or even a hot shower can help wash away all those emotions and things you want to release. I recommend doing this after the letting go ritual though. Take the time to treat yourself with kindness and love, a little wine, tea, a face mask or a good book. Don't have time, I hear you cuddles with you child, love ones or fury friends will help too. You get the idea, surround yourself with love and whatever you find is good for your soul.
You may not notice it instantly but as the days go by you should start to feel more like yourself & those things you decided to let will no longer be so burdensome.
That’s it for today. Let me know if you have any questions, if you would like to know more. Even better share with me your own little practices. I’m always open to suggestions.
Stay Magical xx
The Simple Collection